Monday, April 6, 2009

turning 21

is supposed to be a really big deal.

yeah.

don’t see why.

i’m not much of a birthday person. never was.

 

but anyway first off i wanna go on a thank you roll for everyone who wished me… may it be on fb, sms, here, msn or in person, THANK YOU. you helped make my day! never underestimate the power of those two simple words.

oddly enough, i got a lot of wishes from random (that doesn’t mean you’re not important :)) people and surprisingly none from a few people i expected them from. yeah. that’s you, you and you. now you’re reading my blog!

for those who forgot and wished me the day after, it’s okay. thanks for remembering anyway :)

and for those who still haven’t. wth?! i’m officially unfriending you guys.
(edit: when i wrote this, teo u still hadn’t wished me… but since i know why now, aiya forgive u la. i am so gracious)

nolah, kidding. but that doesn’t mean i’m not pissed ok. i’m not even sure how pissed i should be but i’m thinking ignoring-you-for-the-rest-of-the-month pissed.

maybe i should make it ‘year’.

no no no, i am a kind and forgiving person.

 

yeah, right.

 

happy thoughts happy thoughts.

 

 

 IMG_0315

[beams]

celebs: round 1; dinner with the girls at 1u.

(why do i even need to say that, almost all my friends are girls. i am doomed to a life of singledom forever ~ever ~ever [echo]         CHOI! )

 

but i like my girlfriends. they are happy people!

IMG_0317 

see.

gawd, chuihua you look scarey here.
i like. lol.

 

IMG_0320

we is matchy matchy, kyy and i.
this is my birthday uniform!
you will see why later.

 

IMG_0325

foooooooooood.

btw, i don’t like 1u. walk until wanna die.

 

IMG_0335

group photo!
qingliang, chuihua, huili, kyying
plh, ME, sue.

(i don’t know whether it’s because my name is stuck together {for the last time ppl, get it right!!} but i tend to write/type everyone’s names that way too. i think it looks nicer, no? )

 

 IMG_0337

wishing on ‘cake’
originally the cake was the right way around but then i said
“wait! i wanna look at the pretty side!”
kicks self.

would you believe it if i told you this was my only cake for my 21st.
-_-"
and its not even a proper cake…
my mom asked me if i wanted one when i got back for the weekend but i said no. because well, i am not a birthday person.
now i feel a bit pathetic.
:(

 

IMG_0346 

but the cake was good!
a little too cheesy but in xinli’s books, nothing is too cheesy!

 

then i got back, showered and went to sleep at 11pm cos i was dead tired.
(i am a loser, cannot issit now?)


…only to be woken up by them barging into my room at 12 demanding me to drink horrible things specially concocted for me.

then ruth called to say she can’t come… so she could surprise me by bursting into my room and going into a full on yakkyakk session.

…and gave me big red kisses…
among the others i got from the boliao gang.
(i say this with affection)

IMG_0365

aiyak.

then they made me go knock on ppl’s doors to thank them for wishing me. boo

IMG_0369

the 38-est people in the world and me.
can i get any uglier?

 

YES I CAN!
but you will never see it (here, at least).

 

 

 

then on the 2nd of april, i woke up and went to my lectures. waaa so interesting.

 

made jess bring me to the stylo designer grand prix show in the afternoon.

IMG_0414

i took this after, so it’s night now.
seee, we are ze VIP okays. (courtesy of munyee)
and ze blurry wordz sez ‘red carpet …something’ zi can’t readz it zeither.
but it says red carpet!
[attempt to sound glam]
swt.

 

it was held in the depths of lake gardens, kl…

involved getting through all this to arrive.

IMG_0411

like semenyih nia.
bwahaha.

 

the road not taken brought us into a little tent with chandeliers.

  IMG_0379

<3 chandeliers :)
excuse the awkward angle and bad photography, i was trying to get a quick pic of them without looking too jakun. sorrylah, i haven’t been to a real fashion show before okay. let me be jakun for a bit can ah?

i brushed shoulders with the joyce of kbf!
i stood like 2 metres away from amber on the red carpet!
i saw all these local celebs that i normally see on tv!
i don’t know their names but i’ve seen them on tv countless of times so they are celebs ok shaddap tqvm!
i saw soooo many cute guys and male models!

 

intermission:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THE FUNNIEST THING JUST HAPPENED.
i was complaining about the sudden appearance of mosquitoes in the room when one flew across and i slammed it with my palm onto plh’s notes. not strong enough that i squished it’s guts out, just so that it was a little disorientated (or i broke it’s legs/wings. either way, it wasn’t gonna fly no more). then she squinted at it, said  “what a tiny mosquito!” and proceeded to dust it off out of the window. and by some slip of the hand, her notes fell out as well. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. it’s sitting out there now, on a ledge… so near, yet unreachable. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

 

besides, it being my birthday and all, i think i am entitled to all the jakun-ism i can muster.

 

we got in just in time to see jonathan cheng’s finale walk. boo.

 

when we found our way to our seats and made ourselves comfortable,

BOOM!

IMG_0393

these blinding spotlights came on.

luckily, the very well fashion-versed jess came prepared with bigass shades!
so we popped them on and proceeded to look glam.
muahaha.

 

watching models strut their stuff

IMG_0390

blinding, is the spotlights.
indeed.

IMG_0391

finale for…err… this is… i don’t know. karl ng?
didn’t really like it.

IMG_0392

but the model’s tat damn cool la.
me likes.

 

IMG_0396

waaaaa… i love this pic i took.
it looks so pro ok?!?!

 

my favourite collection of the lot.
actually i only saw 3 but this is my fave :)
beatrice looi.
  IMG_0404

yellow and blue
[grins]

 IMG_0406

pretty innit?
makes you wanna frolic in the meadows and shit (noun, not verb).

 

thus ends the fashion show pics…
no camwhore pics cos very shy and feared being overtly jakun.
it’s my birthday but there’s a limit to everything.

 

off to dinner at pasta zanmai with jess, mon, ell!!!

 IMG_0416

can camwhore here cos we’re back in comfort zone again. bwahaha.

 

IMG_0419

salmon ikura pasta!!!!
jess and ell boycotted me cos i chose something they both couldn’t share because they both hate greens or ikura or salmon or.. i don’t know! they just didn’t like my dish.
but it was damn nice!!!!
the huge ikura popped in your mouth unleashing juicy goodness.
mmmm… i can almost smell the savoury scent of yum.

 

IMG_0420

although i’m not that great of a food photographer, here it is again!
YUM

 IMG_0431

for dessert, we have ice scweam.
i scream,
you scream,
we all scream…
for ICE CREAM!!!

despite my ecstacy, it was only okay.

 

and finally, pics taken not with inanimate objects.

IMG_0442

doraemon.
lmao.

 

IMG_0443

ghostly apparitions

IMG_0444

and the family portrait.

 

 

the epilogue:

thanks everyone for spending time with me before/on my birthday. thanks for making me laugh, thanks for letting me have good food (god, did the college food taste really bad or what after those few days), thanks for remembering, thanks for singing happy birthday to me, thanks for the presents!!!

 

p.s. i forgot to post about presents! i’ve still yet to receive from a whole lot of people but currently what i have is a shitload of accessories from f21 (so i can stay forever 21 and not grow any older, amen), a shopping spree sponsored by none other than moi, clothes and a holidaydayday to melbourne!

 

-21 years young-

4 comments:

Lisa ^^, said...

Glad you had a great birthday hon!! Sorry couldn't wish you in person though....
Anyways, to staying forever 21 years young!!! *cheers*

teo said...

Ah so i was forgiven. Bet there wasnt an oreo cheesecake in the middle of the night this time! home made some more! haha but it looks like u had loads of fun. stay young my dear xinli lim

xinli said...

lisa,
thanks babe. *cheers*


teo,
nope there wasn't. that cake alledgedly made my bro break out into rashes but i still love you for it.
see you soon!
get me stuff.
if you come back without sending me a postcard you will never hear the last of it.
wait... i started this out trying to be nice :D

teo said...

well then u better tell me your address or i'll never be able to send you the postcards :D
haha i never intended to let your bro eat the cake :P even the base is so thin because you're allergic to choc.