Friday, April 24, 2009

you know it’s a hot day when…

your ass is wet from sitting too long. swt. (pun not intended)

you have mcflurries delivered in the dead of night.

you are actually thankful for cold showers.

your roommate swipes a container of ice from the dewan makan at lunch.

you yell at the air for no apparent reason.

you start sweating in the shower stall before you’ve even finished drying yourself.

you feel like your legs are burning off because you decided to wear black pants in daylight.

you snap at people.

your roomies start worrying about you when you are actually just inside the shower refusing to get out because you know nothing good will come out of it… except maybe de-wrinkling.

your first words to anyone and everyone is “HEN RE AHHHHHH!!!!” (“DAMN HOOOOOOT!!!!”)

you roll over in an afternoon nap only to hear that ‘sszzchh’ sound which is actually your back plastered to the bedsheet with sweat.

you see moths everywhere. ok well… i don’t know whether it’s got anything to do with the heat cos it doesn’t really make sense to me but seriously, at least 3 different moths (and loads of other small tiny insects of variable species) will fly in at night. (ok maybe it has to do with the fact that my room is one of the few sources of light at night. now that i think of it, that makes complete sense)
just the other day, i found a moth (the small triangle white type not the big butterfly looking giants)  squashed on the back of my nightie. like squashed squashed. flat. with guts and all all squished out. i do not want to know how it got there or when. i very painstakingly, nose all scrunched up and everything, detached the flattened moth from the nightie and threw it in the washing machine.
and apparently moth juice… stains.

 

 

 

SO ANYWAY,

6 DOWN AND 2 TO GO!

yeahhh, all that within two weeks.

something i’ve learnt is that *sigh i am not made for tight exam schedules. yesh i can not sleep for the longest time [lying to self cos actually sleeps a lot during the day] but i simply cannot do that whole flip-through-everything-and-commit-it-to-memory shit. and i study REAAAALLY SLOW. and i don’t have a sense of urgency until it’s 2 hours from the paper and i realise i haven’t done all i’ve set out to do. and it sucks lah it sucks very bad when you look at the paper and think “damn this is an easy question!” and yet have no idea how to go about it cos you remember staring blankly at that slide for the longest time and finally decided to give up. what is this lahhhhhhh. this is you not studying properly during study week. noooOOOooOOOooo~

and what the hell is with biochem today?!?!?! why you have to ask us all the stuff i didn’t read and the SAME question you did during continuous assessment?? ketone bodies, i totally blew that topic off!!! 10 marks byebye. what is anaerobic glycolysis (so easy right?) 7 marks byebye. vitamins… 10 marks byebye. AND don’t get me started on the essays…

please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. please don’t let me get a C. B- also can lahh. don’t want to fail either. pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!

 

on the bright side, there was mutton curry for dinner :)

does nothing to help the heat (if not make it worse) but i like mutton too much to care so hah!

 

ooh ooh and how awesome is college, they are giving away lemon biscuits and choc wafers for supper in conjunction with study week/fortnight/month!

 

 

am now going to watch house to make myself feel better because i don’t care anymore!!!!!!

 

who am i kidding?

i will never stop caring. this is me. sad but true.

[cue mad laughter]

 

 

 

p.s. haha i just realised all my timing in the dawn post is super the screwed la cos i just made it up from memory and apparently i have very bad memory. so yeah… now u know i haven’t been sleeping in the mornings.

 

-cake-

8 comments:

Lisa ^^, said...

Yes, it is FREAKIN' HOTTTTT.
Beh tahan la. Every few hours feel like taking a shower. >.<
Not just in UM huh? Here also sama lor. Feel like committing suicide.
But then there's exams. Aishhhh.
Wow. So fast, 6 down liao? Yerrrr. No fair. I have 2 down. 5 more to go. Sighh. My next paper is Tuesday, which is why I've not done an ounce of work, my TITAS text book is staring up forlornly at me, begging me to read it, but I am staring straight ahead at my laptop screen and completely ignoring it. wakakakakkaa

Chuihua said...

i also skipped ketone bodies and vitamin... looked and the question and terus: "SHIT!!!"

bye to 20 marks... and i couldnt finish my essays... T.T

tight exam schedules is not for me as well, no time to digest

xinli said...

lisa,
TITAS! probably on my menu next sem. oh joy! can't wait T.T
although i'm sure all my notes would understand how your TITAS feels right now :P
my paper is next tues too so i'm acting like i already finished my finalssss hohoho. which is bad cos well...

chuihua,
we are done for. me more so than you but done for all the same. first class bbye~

KenT said...

Nobody does the "you know it’s a hot day when…" entry better than xinli.

=)

xinli said...

ken,

thanks :)
it helps that there's no competition. lol

jcdagreat said...

yoh...funny xinli...nothing change le... well, thanks to the rise of global warming...which obviously due to the homosapiens(HS)faults...
lol.

kev said...

like knowing... world end soon... hehe... =.=

xinli said...

jc,
so that's what HS is!!

kev,
i hope 'soon' will be after i die... provided that reincarnation doesn't exist.